Who We Are
Next Level Community Development Center (NLCDC) is a Macon-based, non-profit organization dedicated to empowering at-risk youth and families to exercise sound judgment regarding their education, health, social and emotional well-being through youth services and mental health programs.
An academic based, youth development program focused on preparing youth ages 5-18 years to excel academically in the core subject areas of math, English/language arts, reading and science. The program promotes healthy lifestyle choices, self-management, college and career readiness, and community service.
A mental health program providing counseling services that are based on sound mental health principles and Christian values.
Camp Zion includes the following program components:
Educate, Enlighten, and Empower.
NLCDC started as an outreach ministry of Bibb Mount Zion Baptist Church in 2000 and quickly grew by leaps and bounds. Teddy Parker Jr., pastor of Bibb Mount Zion at the time, was the visionary behind the organization. In May 2000, the ministry became a non-profit organization and a three-week summer camp (CAMP ZION) was created. In 2007, CAMP ZION added the after-school program and kept growing steadily. The organization served 35 students at the outset, and is now serving approximately 175 students in the summer and 95 through the after-school program. In 2005, New Dawn Counseling Center was created as a mental health program of NLCDC.
Next Level Community Development Center utilizes the Family Life Center of Bibb Mount Zion Baptist Church. The 13,000 square feet facility features a gym, full size kitchen and dining area, eleven classrooms, four offices, two bathrooms, supply room, and outdoor storage facility.
Partners and Funding Agencies
NLCDC is an outreach of Bibb Mount Zion Baptist Church.
The organization is funded and supported by the following government agencies, corporate partners, and community partners:
- Bibb County Board of Education
- Bibb Mount Zion Baptist Church
- Bright from the Start: Georgia Department of Early Care and Learning
- City of Macon
- Community Foundation of Central Georgia, Inc.
- Cox Communications
- Georgia Department of Education – Nita M. Lowey 21st Century Community Learning Centers
- Georgia Department of Human Services – Division of Family and Children Services – After School Care Program
- Georgia Department of Human Services – Division of Family and Children Services -Offices of Prevention and Community Support
- Kristy Jones CPA, LLC.
- Macon Housing Authority
- North Central Health District
- Stafford Builders and Consultants Inc.
By the Numbers
- 98% high school graduation rate
- 98% college / post-secondary education rate
- 100% parent participation rate
- 91% of families served fall below the national poverty level
- $0.84 of every dollar goes towards direct services for students and families